Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted in response to a request. It's my favorite blueberry muffin recipe, and can easily be made ahead and frozen! Prep time includes time to cool before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries (may use frozen)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for topping)
- Cream margarine and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Mash 1/2 cup blueberries and add to above; add rest of whole blueberries.
- Grease muffins cups; fill 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle sugar on muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
Although the muffins were moist and delicious, only 2 came out as a whole muffin. The rest came out as tops and bottoms :) I used Pam in my muffin tins to grease them; maybe a butter greasing with flour would help. Also, I found that the batter exceeded the amount to fill the cups only 1/2 full, and I overfilled them. The muffins weren't huge, but because the tops spread out slightly over the muffin tin, it was hard to run a knife around them to release. I likely won't dust with sugar next time either. Tasty recipe anyways, so adapt to your circumstances. Thanks!
These were very good. The right trexture and amount of blueberries. I added a touch of egg wash to the tops before dusting with the sugar and they came out golden brown. The second time I made them I added 1/2 cup mashed banana instead of blueberries and they were even better. My kids loved them. ;)Erica
YUMM these are really good blueberry muffins!!!!