Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Blueberry Muffins With Frozen Blueberries And Sour Cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (unthawed)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, then add salt, baking soda and baking powder and give it a stir.
- Whisk egg, then add sugar and mix well. Add butter and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix until homogenous.
- To the bowl with flour mixture add frozen blueberries and toss them lightly to cover with flour, so they don't sink while baking.
- Slowly fold in the egg, sugar, and sour cream mixture into the flour mixture, using a spatula. Don't be surprised, this muffin batter will be pretty thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, distribute batter into baking cups. To give muffins a nicer look, you can top with 2-3 additional frozen blueberries.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean (there might be some crumbs on the tooth pick, but no batter).
- Let them cool for 10 minutes inside baking tin. Then remove them and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- The muffins can be stored in a box at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.