Prep 5 mins
Cook 19 mins
A lower fat version of everyone's favorite - prep and bake in less than 25 minutes!
- 1 cup unsweetened fresh blueberries or 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly spray a muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar together.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, oil and milk. Pour all at once into dry ingredients. Stir just enough to blend. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar and bake 17 minutes, or until light brown. Allow muffins to cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes 12 muffins (serving is 1 muffin).