Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've tried many blueberry muffin recipes, none just to my standards. Finally I took several different ones and incorporated them to how I like them. Enjoy! I also suffer from IBS and find that this snack doesn't bother my stomach at all.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk of choice and oil. Mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Makes 9 muffins.
- (Sometimes I like to sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before I put them in the oven).
- This can easily be made into a vegan muffin mix. Tastes just as good too!
Good. I used a mixture of berries instead of blueberries and they were nice.
Great starter recipe, I used self raising flour, and because I didn't have quite enough buttermilk I used 1 cup buttermilk and 1/4 yogurt. I also added 2 tbl spoons of veg oil, and a bit of milk as mix seemed a bit thick. Anyway they turned out lovely & even rose (see photo). I really like the lack of egg thanks to my sons egg allergy.
Super moist and sweet. I was out of whole wheat flour, and instead used a little oatmeal. Also I went heavy on the oil as I like my muffins moist. Will use this again!