Recipe by ilovenachos
I've tried many blueberry muffin recipes, none just to my standards. Finally I took several different ones and incorporated them to how I like them. Enjoy! I also suffer from IBS and find that this snack doesn't bother my stomach at all.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (you can substitute for 1/2 cup white if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (or vanilla soy milk if lactose is your ibs trigger)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk of choice and oil. Mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Makes 9 muffins.
- (Sometimes I like to sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before I put them in the oven).
- This can easily be made into a vegan muffin mix. Tastes just as good too!