Recipe by swingncocoa
These muffins have an interesting greenish-blue tint to them because of the blueberry juice added to the batter. They are to die for!
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
What a tasty, unique looking muffin. This was something I really enjoyed making. Recipe says that it makes 12 muffins, this must be the large variety. I was able to get 24 regular sized muffins. I couldn't make the recipe exactly due to the unavailability of canned blueberries. I did check 3 grocery stores in our area without success. So, I substituted frozen blueberries that I thawed in a mug. Once thawed I rinsed them in the same cup with about 1/2 cup water. I dumped the liquid in another to cup reserve for step number 5. I wish my photo did the muffin justice when it comes to color. Thanks swingncocoa for sharing your recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or butavan, if available)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans blueberries (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain blueberries, set aside and reserve juice.
- Let butter soften, mix with oil in a mixer.
- Add sugar and eggs, mix well.
- Add flour and vanilla.
- Add enough juice (about 1/2 cup) to the batter to make it "gummy".
- Gradually add baking soda, and baking powder and mix well.
- Add buttermilk, mix, then fold in blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour batter into greased muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.