Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was posted in the Feb07 Food and Wine Magazine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven: 375 degrees F.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners or spray with cooking spray.
- TOPPING INSTRUCTIONS:.
- In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients.
- Stir in melted butter, then pinch the mixture until it forms small pea-size clumps.
- MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:.
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and oil. Beat with a handheld electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture all at once. Beat at low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the berries.
- Spoon the batter into the cups util 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each topping.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: DO NOT OVERBEAT THE BATTER.
- OPTION: Substitute cranberries and add 1/2 teaspoon orange zest to batter.