Recipe by Sameroni
Yummy low-fat blueberry muffins
Top Review by jake ryley'smommy
Made for PAC spring 2008. Nice muffins, easy to make with a nice blueberry flavor. I liked that they were not too sweet. I did add 1/2 tsp baking soda to make them rise a little more. I made one batch to recipe (with 1/2 tsp baking soda added) and got 12 regular sized muffins. I also made I batch with whole wheat flour and raw cane sugar, which did not rise as much. These I made as mini muffins and got 36, these took about 18 minutes. They tasted great for me and my kids but we are used to eating health food. So if you want to make these healthier, the option is there. :) :) Thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and use flour version of cooking spray a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine Dry Ingredients.
- Combine all other ingredients, except blueberries.
- Combine slowly, as with other muffin recipes.
- fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 way
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown, and springy to touch.