Recipe by Perfect Pixie
These are best straight out of the oven while still warm and can keep for up to a day in a air tight container. you can make choc-honeycomb muffins with this recipe by replacing the berries, see note
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (don't thaw if frozen) or 1 cup frozen blueberries (don't thaw if frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- move shelf to middle of oven and turn oven on to 200 degrees C.
- lightly grease a 6 hole texas muffin pan.
- put flour and sugar in a strainer and use a wooden spoon to sift them through.
- break egg into small bowl and beat with a fork until one colour.
- add the beaten egg, blueberries, milk and oil to the flour mixture - then stir until just mixed together - DONT OVERMIX.
- spoon evenly into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes or until when pressed in the centre they spring back.
- carefully turn them out onto a wire rack to cool - just before you serve sprinkle with icing sugar.
- NOTE: for choc-honeycomb muffins - add 1/2 cup white chocolate bits and 100g chopped chocolate coated honeycomb in stead of the bluberries.