Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 59.16 ml butter (melted)
- 177.44 ml fresh blueberries or 177.44 ml frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan with 2+1/2-inch diameter cups, or line with paper baking cup liners; set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add frozen blueberries, and make a well in the center.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass measure and add egg and butter; blend well.
- Pour liquid all at once into flour well (This method allows you to mix the batter with fewer strokes, avoiding overtiring).
- Making 12 to 15 full circular strokes that scrape the bottom of bowl; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (Batter 'should' be lumpy).
- Fill each prepared muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately (otherwise moisture condenses on bottom of cups and muffins become soggy).
These were really good and easy to make. I accidentally added 1 1/2 cups of blueberries, but they were still really tasty.
This is a pretty good basic muffin recipe with plenty of blueberry flavor and so easy to prepare. But I thought the recipe would have benefitted greatly from having a bit more sugar and perhaps a little cinnamon or a similar spice. But my biggest problem was that every muffin stuck to the cupcake liners, leaving about half of each muffin behind. I%u2019ve never had that happen with cupcakes or muffins before, so I%u2019m not sure what went wrong as far as that goes.
My favorite thing about these muffins were how easy they were. All of the ingredients can be found in an average kitchen, nothing fancy! They also cooked well.
These two things didn't bother me or my family, but they may bother others. One is that they are not that sweet. the blueberries made up for that though. The second one is that they stuck to the bottom of the muffin papers. that was really no problem either though.
I loved these muffins! they are perfect for breakfast with a glass of milk!