Recipe by Czarina's Cookbook
Blueberry Muffins w/ Cinnammon crumb topping. I got this recipe from another website and just tried it this morning. They tasted awesome! I've also seen that some people added 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. I haven't tried it but it does sound good.Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by kit in NO
I used sour milk, vanilla, thawed (frozen) blueberries and a dash of cinnamon to the batter (eliminating the topping). The results were 15 (2 1/2 inch) muffins. Tender and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk (you can also replace with buttermilk)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can substitute with other fruit also)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. (for a lighter topping use 1/2 of the quantities. It does turn out to make quite a bit).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.