Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
Big Blueberry muffins with a crusty sugar topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the top of a muffin pan with non-stick coating, and line with paper liners.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 3Mix together 1 3/4 cup of the flour and baking powder.
- 4Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
- 5Crush 1/4 of the blueberries, and stir into the batter.
- 6Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of the flour, and fold into the batter.
- 7Scoop into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 118.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g