Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Big Blueberry muffins with a crusty sugar topping.
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Position rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the top of a muffin pan with non-stick coating, and line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix together 1 3/4 cup of the flour and baking powder.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Crush 1/4 of the blueberries, and stir into the batter.
- Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of the flour, and fold into the batter.
- Scoop into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.