Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An old favorite.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup unthawed frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Add milk, egg, lemon juice and butter.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- The batter will be lumpy (do not over mix).
- Spoon batter into twelve 2 1/2 inch greased muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm.
Easy muffins to make. They came out wonderful. Great to make for the kids for breakfast. Tasty!
I didn't find out the amount of milk was missing until I started the recipe. My aunt had given me fresh blueberries. I didn't want to add too much milk. Well they came out dry and hard. What a waste of good blueberries.
This needs revised - not a nice surprise to find that the milk amount is missing. I added 1 cup and then had to just pour in more until it was moist enough. I shouldn't have listened to the recipe when it says to mix in blueberries *before* the liquid ingredients - too hard to mix up. And it's 'thawed' not 'unthawed,' unless someone should thaw the blueberries and freeze them again. Please edit this recipe so someone can follow it without snags when they're pressed for time.