This recipe came from my sister and is one of the easiest and best recipes for a great tasting blueberry muffin. The flavors blend together for a taste you will love.
- Stir together oats and orange juice.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Add to oats and orange juice mixture. Add oil and egg to blend. Stir in blueberries.
- Fill 12 muffin cups (with liners)2/3 full.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon mixture and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 18-22 minutes.
Delicious! My 3yr old daughter helped with the mixing and I thought that these would surely be hard as rocks (she loves to stir and the batter was really thick). Amazingly, these were perfectly moist - a little bit of a crunch on the top and then you bite into heaven! Love 'em!
Great muffins! I made them healthier by using a whole grain flour blend (equal parts white flour, whole wheat flour and wheat germ), plus substituting half the oil for walnut oil. because I used whole grains, I slightly bumped up the baking soda. The result is a light and delicious muffin everyone loves. This recipe only made 8 large muffins (I filled to the top), so I will double next time. Thanks for posting!
These were great! I have a four year old that will not eat anything with blueberries, who loved them! I was a little worried because the batter was so thick ( I used a cookie dough scoop to get them into the pan), but they were so good. Thanks Bev erly!