Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from the Magnificent Muffins Cookbook
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare muffin cups.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl, fold in blueberries.
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk and oatmeal and allow mixture to soak for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg lighty in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter and add butter and brown sugar to the egg.
- Combine egg mixture with oatmeal and stir to blend.
- Add moist mixture to dry mixture all at once and stir lightly.
- Fill 12 prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minute.
I used frozen blueberries that I rinsed and drained well, so the batter wouldn't turn purple. I used old-fashioned oats, not the quick oats, for texture. Made sure I had enough sweetness by packing the brown sugar firmly in my measuring cup. They turned out very good! Light, moist and fluffy enough, with just the right amount of sweetness. I give it four stars only because of the flat tops, otherwise a nice recipe. Thanks for sharing!
These were not light and fluffy like you would expect of a muffin. I think too much oats made them feel heavy. I think if I made them again I would try only 1/2 c. of oats and increase the flour. At least you would still get some fiber. I may also add they were not very sweet either. Needs some adjustments for sure.
Yummy! These muffins are delicious! We also liked the oatmeal in them. Very flavorful. And easy to put together. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! I will make these again. Made for 2009 Spring PAC