Recipe by Cheffet#22
Taken from the Magnificent Muffins Cookbook
Top Review by Chef Treenie
I used frozen blueberries that I rinsed and drained well, so the batter wouldn't turn purple. I used old-fashioned oats, not the quick oats, for texture. Made sure I had enough sweetness by packing the brown sugar firmly in my measuring cup. They turned out very good! Light, moist and fluffy enough, with just the right amount of sweetness. I give it four stars only because of the flat tops, otherwise a nice recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare muffin cups.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl, fold in blueberries.
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk and oatmeal and allow mixture to soak for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg lighty in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter and add butter and brown sugar to the egg.
- Combine egg mixture with oatmeal and stir to blend.
- Add moist mixture to dry mixture all at once and stir lightly.
- Fill 12 prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minute.