1/2 Photos of Blueberry Muffins
I spent a long time trying to find a blueberry muffin mix that had the right blend of spices, and was neither to heavy or to dry in texture (just like the wheat filled bakery versions). After some experimenting I ended up with this recipe which I think is the best I've tasted yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease standard muffin tin.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl combine, flour, xantham gum, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and add lemon peel, milk, oil, and egg. Blend throughly with fork until smooth, then fold in berries (be careful not to over mix).
- 3If batter is to thick add equal amounts of oil and milk till right consistency is obtained.
- 4Place batter into prepared muffin tin.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minuets or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs on it. Cool muffins for 5 minuets in tin before removing to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
- 6For fresh muffins every day, line muffin tin with cupcake holders and spoon in batter them. Place muffin tin in freezer. When batter is frozen remove from tin and place in sealed container in freezer. Now when you need a fresh muffin just pop a frozen one in the oven and presto. Breakfast!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: