Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This is from the Weight Watchers magazine Easy Weeknight Favorites. My magazine says I first tried them in January 2006. They are very good for a lowfat muffin and easy to make. I am posting here because my magazine is falling apart and I am afraid I am going to lose it! (I have omitted the teaspoon of grated lemon rind and teaspoon of grated orange rind the original recipe calls for. I don't always have them around to grate so just make it without!)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingreidents in a medium bowl; stir well. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk through the egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately; cool on a wire rack.