1/3 Photos of Blueberry Muffin Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn. This sounds like a nice breakfast treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 10 inch tube pan with solid vegetable shortening, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- 2Measure out 2 T. of cake mix and reserve it. Place remaining cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, water, cinnamon, and eggs in large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides again, if needed. Batter should look thick and well blended.
- 3Toss the blueberries with reserved cake mix.
- 4Pour two-thirds of batter into prepared pan. Scatter blueberries over batter. Spread remaining batter over the blueberries so that it covers the fruit. Place pan in oven.
- 5Bake cake until it is golden brown and starts to pull away from sides of pan, 45-50 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around edge of cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 30 minutes.
- 6Place cake on platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g