Recipe by D's Darling
This recipe is from the BH&G's Complete Guide to Bread Machine Baking Cookbook. The recipe is for a 2 pound loaf. I have friends who request that I make this for them.
Top Review by Leominster Lee
This was wildly received by hungry boys at breakfast. I did tinker w/ the recipe because I didn't have 1/2 cup of dried blueberries. So I used 1/4 cup dried blueberries and 1/4 cup craisins. I also used maple sugar instead of white sugar and soy milk. I formed the dough in the bread machine and baked in the oven so as to avoid having to dig the paddle out of the baked loaf (I just hate that!) This smelled yummy in the toaster and both boys had seconds.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients to the bread pan following the manufactures's directions for your bread machine.
- Set the machine for the basic bread cycle.
- Select the Medium crust setting.
- *Do not use the delay cycle for this bread recipe.
- **Optional Powdered Sugar Glaze.
- Stir together in a small mixing bowl 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1-2 teaspoons milk to make a glaze to drizzle over the loaf of bread.