Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From one of my BH&G cookbooks. This bread is so yummy toasted up for breakfast and served with bacon and eggs. Freezes well too.
Top Review by kay52178
This bread is very good. The only reason I'm rating it with only 4 stars is because I added more yeast. I have found that 1 tsp of yeast does not do the trick for me, I need to add two. I've found this with multiple BH&G recipes. But very good bread.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄3 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- You know how it goes:.
- Select the 1 1/2 lb loaf size. Add the ingredients according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the basic white bread cycle.
- This recipe also came with a Powdered Sugar Glaze recipe you can drizzle over the bread. I don't use it because we prefer this bread toasted but if you want to try it:.
- In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (1-2 tsp) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.