Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From one of my BH&G cookbooks. This bread is so yummy toasted up for breakfast and served with bacon and eggs. Freezes well too.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄3 cup dried blueberries
- You know how it goes:.
- Select the 1 1/2 lb loaf size. Add the ingredients according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the basic white bread cycle.
- This recipe also came with a Powdered Sugar Glaze recipe you can drizzle over the bread. I don't use it because we prefer this bread toasted but if you want to try it:.
- In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (1-2 tsp) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
This bread is very good. The only reason I'm rating it with only 4 stars is because I added more yeast. I have found that 1 tsp of yeast does not do the trick for me, I need to add two. I've found this with multiple BH&G recipes. But very good bread.
We had this this morning for breakfast with a little butter & honey, and it was super good!! I used 1/4 cup of sugar to make it more 'muffin' like in sweetness. A slice of this bread with a raspberry/banana yogurt smoothie makes for a PERFECT breakfast!! This would be good for french toast also, I think!! Thanks for posting!!!
This makes a very nice breakfast bread ~ wonderful toasted with a little butter and perhaps some blueberry jam! Thank you, Julie B's Hive!