Recipe by seb
From Hawai'i's BEST Mochi Recipes. Substitute raspberry pie filling for blueberry for mochi that is just are wonderful.
Top Review by myoungp
Like the previous reviewer, I also halved the butter and the sugar amount the recipe called for. Baking for two, I went for half the recipe and baked in 8x8 Pyrex dish and added 1/4 tsp of butter flavor. My baking time was definitely under 40 mins (I checked at 40 and the edge is a tad overdone, but still delish!)
Update: after about a day in the fridge the mochi turn out a bit too dry. I will add a little more butter or milk to it next time.
- 1 lb mochiko sweet rice flour (16-oz box)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sugar in melted butter.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Stir in baking powder, mochiko, and vanilla.
- Pour into ungreased 9x13" pan.
- Fold in the blueberry pie filling creating a marbleized look.
- Bake at 350f for 1 hour or until toothpick tests clean.