Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
An interesting but tasty flavor combo.
Make and share this Blueberry-Mint Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 9 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, per cup of juice
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Wash and clean berries.
- Make a strong tea by placing the mint leaves in a saucepan and adding the water, then bringing to a boil.
- As soon as it begins to boil, remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit steeping for 10 minutes.
- Strain the leaves out and measure ½ cup of the tea
- Crush berries in bottom of saucepan and combine with the mint tea.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain mixture through a jelly bag.
- Measure the captured juice and add sugar.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add pectin and stir constantly for 1 minute while at a full boil.
- Skim off foam and pour into hot, sterile jelly jars and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in water bath.