Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These mini loaves are excellent for smaller portions of a delicious blueberry bread loaf, but especially good for a school bake sale. A recipe adapted from Mott's Applesauce, a healthier way to bake. Enjoy.
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 large eggs, whole
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or use Splenda Blend)
- 2 large egg whites, beaten (to make 1/4 cup)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare 16 mini loaf pans with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- (Note: I use petite loaf pans with capacity for 9 loaves, size 2 1/2 x 3 3/8 x 1 1/2 in; or use the mini loaf pan with capacity for 6 loaves, size 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 in, from Wilton Brand that you can buy at any local arts and crafts store).
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, blueberries, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine applesauce, whole eggs, oil, and milk. Mix with the flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites and fold into dry and wet mixtures, stirring until moistened. Spoon each loaf pan with three ounces batter or about half cup of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Note: Calories 209 and 3.7 Weight Watchers points.