Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Phyllo Dough Sheets form the lining, with creamy cheese blueberry filling. RCS #12 Contest Dessert
Make and share this Blueberry Mascarpone Cheese Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package phyllo dough, sheets separated
- Pam cooking spray
- dry beans
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries or 16 ounces fresh frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 3 g Splenda sugar substitute, packets
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- Place phyllo dough between dampened kitchen towels.
- Brush on melted butter on 8 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Stack and cut with a sharp knife or scissors, six pieces each sheet, 48 pieces.
- Spray tart pan (24 openings) or muffin pan (12) openings with Pam.
- Use two pieces buttered side up in tart pan so it looks like petals on the side of each opening.
- Use 4 pieces if using a muffin pan with 12 opening. (Muffin pans are deeper). Lay each piece at any angle butter side up, looks like petals.
- Preheat oven 400*.
- Sprinkle dry beans in the bottom of each opening.
- Bake 6 minutes for tart pan. Bake 8 minutes for muffin pan. Watch, when edges turn brown remove from oven. (Some ovens are hotter than others.).
- Take out and cool. When cool remove beans and and set aside for reuse.
- Mix milk with packets of Splenda in a small bowl.
- Add splenda and milk mixture with mascarpone cheese.
- Add in 1/4 cup milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Gently fold in blueberries and nutmeg.
- Remove phyllo dough cups and place on serving platters.
- Fill cups to the desired height.
- Serve on chill before serving.
- Right before serving sprinkle crushed graham crackers.
This was an easy dessert to prepare & would be excellent for summer. I ended up using premade phyllo cups so literally spent minutes on this. Texturally this is light & fluffy. I had fresh blueberries & wished I had mashed a few to impart color & smaller flecks throughout. Thank you for a nice dessert!