Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this sauce. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Complete Book Of Small Batch Preserving. A spoonful of this sauce is a scrumptious topping for sliced fresh peaches or other fruit. Of course, serve it on pancakes and waffles as well.
- 2 cups fresh unsweetened blueberries (500 ml) or 2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries (500 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup water (50 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 cinnamon stick, 4-inches long (10 cm)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (125 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (125 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine blueberries, water, lemon juice and cinnamon stick in a 4-cup (1 L) microwavable bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 5 minutes, stirring once. Stir in sugar and maple syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Let cool.
- Discard cinnamon stick and store sauce in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator for up to 1 month.