Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an EASY dessert to make. It can be made with fresh or frozen fruit. It can be made in one dish or among a few, small, individual, oven-safe pots.
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour (regular or wheat-free)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar (or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups frozen chopped mangoes (or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- combine all dry ingredients (including coconut) in a bowl.
- cut in cold butter.
- mix it all together with your hands - till it is crumbly.
- coat a 6-8 inch, oven safe dish with oil or butter.
- put about 1/3 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- top with the fresh or frozen fruit.
- top it all with remaining oat mixture.
- bake @ 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- if the top doesn't brown after 20 minutes, put it under the broiler on low for a minute or two until it is nice and crispy.
this was pretty good. We were too full after dinner to bother with dessert, so we had it the next morning topped with vanilla yogurt for breakfast. This would make a great dessert *or* breakfast. I did use flour, but also used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. I also used OLD FASHIONED oats, instead of quick-cooking, to make it healthier and more "hearty"