Recipe by FLKeysJen
This is a lightened-up version that is heavy on berries with just a touch of pastry...nicely complemented with vanilla frozen yogurt!
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Can't rate this recipe which sounds very appealing, especially the topping. Unfortunately the amount of baking soda has been omitted. Now that I have the baking soda amount this is a very good low fat dessert. So glad you submitted it. Going to a barbecue in a couple of weeks and have to bring something yummy and low fat so this fits the bill.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl; add the blueberries and OJ and toss to coat - let stand for a few minutes and then spoon into a two quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the yogurt, milk and butter and stir into the dry ingredients until smooth; spread over the berry mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle with one tablespoon sugar; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown.