Recipe by Tootalltygerlily
The perfect combination: blueberries and lemon! This rich and cakey treat is flat on top like a cake, but is the size of a muffin. Perfect snacking size!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, hard (not softened)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 6 large egg whites, fork-beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- icing sugar, for dusting tops (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in large saucepan.
- Add next 6 six ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for about 25 minutes until wooden toothpick inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional).