Prep 10 mins
Cook 264 hrs
This is an easy-to-make recipe for homemade (vodka based) blueberry liqueur. The "Cook time" = standing time.
- 4 cups frozen blueberries, fresh or dry-pack,rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- In a glazed ceramic or glass container, mash the berries.
- Add vodka, water, cloves and coriander.
- Cover container and let stand at room temperature for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into another glass or ceramic container.
- Discard residue.
- Add sugar to strained liquid and stir until it dissolves.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for about 24 hours.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; pour into sterilized bottle (s) and cap.