1/1 Photo of Blueberry Lime Salsa
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
Everything in this salsa is fresh and summery. So delicious with seafood or chicken or duck or almost anything grilled. From "True Blueberry: Delicious Recipes for Every Meal," by Linda Dannenberg. The cooking time is really macerating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (divided use)
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed finely julienne
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the broiler. Place the jalapeno under the broiler and char on all sides. Remove, place in a brown paper bag, close and set aside.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 cups of the blueberries, the onion and red pepper. Process until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add the lime juice and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 3Using a paper towel or rubber gloves to protect your skin if it is sensitive to hot peppers, trim the stem and peel off the skin of the jalapeno. Slice it in half, remove and discard the seeds (unless you like your salsa really hot), and finely chop the jalapeno.
- 4Add the jalapeno to the blueberry mixture, along with the basil, cilantro, the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries, the oil, ginger and several turns of the pepper mill, and stir well to combine.
- 5Set aside for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lime Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g