Recipe by swissms
An elegant cheesecake. Lovely combination of blueberries, lime, rose and almonds. Preparation time includes chill time.
- 1 cup crumbled graham cracker
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lb fresh blueberries (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon rose water (the greater amount creates a more pronounced rose flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, ground almonds, sugar, spices and butter. Press mixture into bottom and only 1/2- to 1-inch up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan, packing it tightly and evenly.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Blend in the eggs and vanilla to a creamy consistency. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, just until the outer edges begin to puff only slightly. The center will not appear set. The cheesecake will continue to cook after it is out of the oven. (You know you over-baked the cheesecake if it has a grainy texture after chilling. It should be completely smooth and creamy.).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Blueberry, Lime and Rose Water Topping:.
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, lime zest, lime juice and cornstarch, and mix well.
- Bring to a full simmer to activate the cornstarch. When the liquid turns glossy, remove from the heat. Stir in rose water. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Top the cooled cheesecake evenly with the sauce, let cool thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.