Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light. March 2003. Note chilling time.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1⁄3 cup riesling wine or 1⁄3 cup other slightly sweet white wine
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- grated whole nutmeg (optional)
- Place 2 cups blueberries in a large, heavy saucepan; press berries 2 times with a potato masher to slightly crush.
- Add wine, syrup, and juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in remaining 2 cups blueberries. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Add sugar, rind, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add sour cream; beat on low speed until just combined.
- Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons berry mixture into each of 6 (6-ounce) parfait glasses; top with about 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining berry and cream cheese mixtures. Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg, if desired.