Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Ball Blue Book, this is a yummy jam! Cook time is estimated.
- Crush blueberries one layer at a time.
- Combine crushed blueberries and pectin in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in grated lime peel and lime juice.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Yield: about 6 half-pints.
This one is delicious! I used two pouches of pectin since the basic blueberry jam recipe in the pectin box instructions called for it. It turned out fine. This one's a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars. This jam is amazing!!! Try it over cream cheese with crakers for a tasty appetizer. I wish I had made more. The lime gives the jam so much life and a bit of zippiness.
Excellent, bright flavour. I used Bernardin No Sugar Needed pectin, and sweetened my jam with honey (1 cup) instead of sugar. Very happy with the results.