Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Source: Gourmet July 2006 4 hour freezing time.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh
- 8 -12 wooden popsicle sticks, and molds
- Simmer blueberries, 3/4 cup sugar, and water in a 1 1/2-2qt saucepan, stirring occasionally, until blueberries burst and collapse, 3-5 minutes.
- Puree with lime juice in a blender until smooth.
- Blend in more sugar to taste if desired.
- Pour into molds and freeze until slushy, about 45 minutes.
- Insert sticks and continue to freeze until completely hardened, at least 3 hours and up to 1 week.