Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Just found this in Southern Living June 2006 issue. I will be going blueberry picking soon, and can't wait to make these for a HOT summer day!! Cook time is freezing time.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cups diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- lime twist, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the blueberries in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add sugar, lime zest and lime juice; process until well blended.
- Pour inot an 11x7-inch baking dish; stir in the lemon-lime soft drink.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer; let stand for 5 min or so.
- Chop mixture into large chunks and place in a food processor in batches; pulse 5-6 times or until mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately, or freeze until ready to serve.
- Garnish with the lime twists.