Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From Naturipefarms.com. I have no objections if you want to substitute other berries in this beverage.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, ginger, and lemon verbena in a small saucepan.
- Boil for 1 minute, transfer infused syrup to a container, and chill.
- Place blueberries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and remaining 4 cups of water and blend to mix. Combine with infused syrup and strain into a pitcher.
- Serve over ice. Float 2-3 whole fresh lemon verbena leaves in each glass.
Congrats! Your recipe is featured on our homepage today as the "Recipe of the Day!" (8/3/11)
Berry Lusciously Refreshing with a nice bite from the ginger! I didn`t have verbena so I used lemon balm. After straining one glass full I decided to not strain. I know not as pretty but I want to keep the skin because of all the benefits it provides. Thanks Made for ZWT6
I halved this as I only had half a cup of blueberries, I wish I had more as it was so very refreshing, next time I will make the full amount. It's such a nice change to make your own lemonade, so much better than bought. I just planted lemon verbena this year and it has really take off, so I was pleased to use it in this. Thank you so much for posting it was lovely. Made for ZWT#6 2010.