Recipe by Sandangel
Top Review by Diana #2
This is very delightful. A wonderful way to use blueberries. I didn't find it was sour, but maybe my blueberries were sweeter. Actually, for my taste, I'd increase the lemon juice a little. I'll certainly be making this again. I can see it now... hot summer day on the deck, sipping Blueberry Lemonade. Thanks Sandangel for a lovely recipe. Made during the Spring PAC 2009 Event.
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml water
- 473.19 ml fresh blueberries
- 354.88 ml fresh lemon juice (from about 10 big lemons, including pulp but not seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- First make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils.
- Lower the heat and allow the syrup to simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, lemon juice and blueberry puree.
- To serve, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of base into a glass and fill with water.
- Makes base for 12 servings.