Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Blueberry Lemonade recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 big lemons, including pulp but not seeds)
- First make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils.
- Lower the heat and allow the syrup to simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, lemon juice and blueberry puree.
- To serve, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of base into a glass and fill with water.
- Makes base for 12 servings.
This is very delightful. A wonderful way to use blueberries. I didn't find it was sour, but maybe my blueberries were sweeter. Actually, for my taste, I'd increase the lemon juice a little. I'll certainly be making this again. I can see it now... hot summer day on the deck, sipping Blueberry Lemonade. Thanks Sandangel for a lovely recipe. Made during the Spring PAC 2009 Event.
Very good! Very sour, but good. This was my first time making lemonade and it turned out well! Made for PAC Spring '09