1/1 Photo of Blueberry, Lemon & White Chocolate Quick Bread
1 hr 20 mins
I had a bunch of fresh blueberries, lemons, buttermilk & white chocolate chips to use up after the Scandinavian leg of the Zaar World Tour #6. This morning I was making a Greek breakfast wrap for Zingo that would use up Kalamata olives & feta cheese, but I wasn't sure my family was going to like it, so I created this moist & delicious quick bread to "sweeten the deal". ;) Incidentally, they ended up enjoying both the Greek wraps & the bread! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and grease one 9x5 loaf pan.
- 2Zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice from it. (You should have approximately 4 Tablespoons of juice, which will be divided.) Set zest and juice aside.
- 3In large mixer bowl, beat together the sugar, melted butter, 3 Tablespoons of the lemon juice, lemon zest and the eggs.
- 4In smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half to the egg mixture and beat to combine.
- 5Add the buttermilk, combine and then add the rest of the flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- 6Fold in white chocolate & blueberries.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then gently turn out onto a platter or baking rack.
- 9While warm, combine the remaining lemon juice with enough powdered sugar to create a semi-thin glaze.
- 10Pour evenly over the bread.
- 11Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry, Lemon & White Chocolate Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2834.6
- Calories from Fat 918
- Total Fat 102.0 g
- Saturated Fat 59.4 g
- Cholesterol 602.3 mg
- Sodium 2314.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 453.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 293.8 g
- Protein 43.4 g