Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lemon cake and wild blueberries merge to create a delectable treat! Easy to make and delicious!
Make and share this Blueberry/Lemon Upside Down Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a buttered square, (must be butter) 8 inch baking pan combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the lemon rind.
- In a bowl, cream the shortening and the remaining sugar (1/2 cup) until it is a fluffy consistency.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the creamed mixture alternating with milk into the flour mix until it is a smooth batter (do not overmix).
- Spoon the batter over the blueberry mixture and bake for approx 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly then turn it out onto a serving plate.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
- ***Very tasty served with vanilla ice cream.