Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love blueberry and lemon together! This is so simple and very pretty. It's a little different than the other recipes posted as it uses lemon pie filling instead of pudding. From Taste of Home. Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 (15 3/4 ounce) cans lemon pie filling
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (I make my own)
- lemon slice (optional)
- of fresh mint (optional)
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- In a 3-1/2 quart serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover a refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with reserved blueberries, lemon slices and mint leaves.
My husband and I made this last night so I could take it to a mini retreat at church. Everyone raved about how good it was. Thank you so much for posting!
A 10 star for sure. Made to serve at our first summer bar b q and was it ever a big hit. Everyone asked for the recipe and there wasn't even one blueberry left. Great blend of flavors and simple and pretty besides. Thanks Carolinagen4 for a recipe I'll be using again and again.