Recipe by Rhonda in Texas
This loaf is great for breakfast, as a dessert or just as a snack. Enjoy.
Top Review by groovyrooby
can't believe i haven't reviewed this. i absolutely love this bread. the combination of sweet lemon with blueberries is fantastic. it turns out a nice, moist loaf with a lovely lemon glaze over top. this is my go-to recipe for a nice dessert loaf, and now that blueberries are coming back into season i'm sure i will start making this a lot, just as i did last year and the year before :) thanks for sharing!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar (divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (2 pints)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar just until blended at low speed. increase speed to medium and beat until light an fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Reduce speed to low, add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended-- alternately add flour mixture and milk, mixing just until blended.
- Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Bake loaf for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool loaf on rack for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Prick top and sides of loaf with skewer in many places and brush mixture on with pastry brush.