Recipe by PSU Lioness
From the TOH 2012 Cookbook. Submitted by Erin Chilcoat of Somerset, NJ. * TOTAL TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE CHILL TIME *
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 19.71 ml grated lemon peel
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
- 118.29 ml blueberry fruit jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk the egg yolk, water and vanilla; add to crumb mixture.
- Stir until dough forms a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dought into an 11 inch circle.
- Transfer to a greased 9 inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim pastry even with edge of pan and place on baking sheet.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients; pour into crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set; cool on wire rack.
- For topping, microwave the blueberries and spreadable fruit on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly around edges; stir.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently spoon over filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.