1/2 Photos of Blueberry Lemon Scones
One of my patients- as a thank you - brought in these beautiful scones - the taste was different than most scones I had in the past - with a crisp lemon zest and not dry at all - so I say thanks Linda and I am taking the privilege of sharing her recipe with all of you!!! enjoy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached flour, plus more
- flour, for rolling berries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg (extra large or jumbo)
- 1 lemon, zest of, from one lemon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- sugar, in the raw (used on top)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; mix in a large bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 forks. The butter pieces should be coated with flour and resemble crumbs. Add lemon zest.
- 3In another bowl, mix cream and egg; add to flour mixture. Mix just to incorporate, do not overwork the dough.
- 4Toss blueberries in flour, then fold into batter. Drop large tablespoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment. Sprinkle scones with sugar in the raw to coat tops.
- 5Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot or warm.
- 6(Enjoy! Can be warmed the next day in the microwave oven- 15-20 seconds, if there are any left!).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lemon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of