Recipe by LaurietheLibrarian
These scones very easy and delicious with a cup of coffee or tea! The scones look so yummy with the little pieces of zest and blueberries mixed in them.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of (grated peel)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn your oven on to 375 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice in the cold butter and blend with a pastry blender till the mixture is like a coarse meal texture. (You may use two knives and "cut" the butter in by slicing in an "X" pattern if you don't have a pastry blender.).
- Pour the squeezed lemon juice in a measuring cup.
- Crack the egg in the measuring cup with the lemon juice.
- Pour in enough milk into the SAME measuring cup until you have about 1 cup of liquid total.
- Gently mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Knead the dough on floured board 4 to 5 times and pat out to about 1" thick.
- Cut with cookie cutter or slice into triangles and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- *You may sprinkle sliced almonds on before baking*.