Healthy and low-fat what could be better. ww points 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon low fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup plum baby food or 1/3 cup plum puree
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly coat large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the blueberries, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, dried plum puree, butter, lemon peel and vanilla.
- 5Add to dry ingredients and stir together with rubber spatula to form a dough that just holds together.
- 6Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and pat it into a 10-inch circle.
- 7Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with nutmeg and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- 8Pat the sugar mixture gently.
- 9Cut circle into 12 wedges with sharp knife.
- 10Space scones about an inch apart on prepared baking sheet; bake 15 to 17 minutes or until scones are a rich golden brown and cracked on tops.
- 11Transfer to cooling rack; let cool slightly.
- 12Serve warm.
- 13Dried Plum Purée: In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (4 ounces) pitted dried plums and 3 tablespoons water; process on and off until finely chopped.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lemon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 309.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: