Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious over pound cake or vanilla ice cream, this sweet-tart sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, bring the blueberries, sugar, salt and a tablespoon of water to a simmer, stirring often, until the mixture is juicy.
- Cook for a few minutes, until the blueberries are soft.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl the blueberries with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Add additional sugar to taste.
- Add more water if you want a thinner sauce.