Recipe by my kid's mom
taken from Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious"
Top Review by claireirene24
My kids have been eating these all week, they are delicious and nutritious! I had to add sour cream because I didn't have enough lemon yogurt, so just a hint of lemon but great! Next time, more lemon for me.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 59.16 ml trans-fat free margarine, chilled
- 236.59 ml lemon low fat yogurt
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 118.29 ml yellow squash puree
- 1 large egg
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 473.18 ml flour
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with a cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the margarine with a wooden spoon. Stir in the yogurt, blueberries, yellow squash puree, egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir just to combine, but do not overmix - the batter is supposed to be lumpy.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. BAke until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick come out clean when inserted in the center, 13 to 16 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.