Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on Cooking Light online. Made a few adjustments and substitutions to cut down calories/carbs. These muffins are a nice addition to a homemade brunch or even just for snacking! The muffins can be made a couple days in advance - just leave the glaze off until the day they will be served.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour and remaining dry ingredients on the list above (through the nutmeg). Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture looks like course meal.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and lemon rind with a whisk. Add to flour mixture. Stir until moist and gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into greased pan (12 muffins). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on rack.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar - drizzle the glaze evenly over the cooled muffins.
my DH loves these, haven't yet put the glaze on them. he eats them with greek yogurt for dessert and is begging for more! Thanks abbydabby!