Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on Cooking Light online. Made a few adjustments and substitutions to cut down calories/carbs. These muffins are a nice addition to a homemade brunch or even just for snacking! The muffins can be made a couple days in advance - just leave the glaze off until the day they will be served.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour and remaining dry ingredients on the list above (through the nutmeg). Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture looks like course meal.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and lemon rind with a whisk. Add to flour mixture. Stir until moist and gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into greased pan (12 muffins). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on rack.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar - drizzle the glaze evenly over the cooled muffins.